Copenhage interpretation

Hello Vacuum Lovers!!! :wink:

My name is Nuno. I am a Quantum Therapist and Life Coach from Brazil (City called Curtitiba) and I am a Nassim’s Unified Phisics Lover!!
Yesterday during the 3rd transmission I made the question about the difference of the Copenhage Interpretation and the Nassim’s Theory point of view and the question was answered by Nassim! It was AWESOME!!

I think this issue is something in the Unified Phisics Theory that is amazing!
Yesterday I studied a lot of videos in Youtube about the Pilot Wave Theory from Broglie and Bohm, as Nassim recommended during the transmission!

I WOULD LOVE discuss about that!
What your opinion about this subject?

1 Like

The video I like the most was this one below:

About the Pilot Wave Theory I have some doubts. For instance, in the double split experiment, considering Copenhagen Interpretation, when we don’t measure or when we “don’t observe” there are a lot of possibilities and the result are waves pattern. And when “we observe” there is only one possibility.
What happens with the infinity possibilities in the Pilot Wave Theory?
I’m a little bit confused… :thinking:

What is your opinion about?
@JamieLee @ex-east @fattyfattyfatfreak @PennyHeiple @Wiliam_RSF @Nassim

Thank you! :wink:

okay…
I’m going to take a stab at this but be warned:
I don’t have a degree.
I don’t have a career.
I work as a dishwasher in a nursing home and smoke weed almost everyday but for some reason I’ve been drawn to psychology, physics and systems theory since high school. (it was what I was reading when I was supposed to be going to class).

here goes:
I think it’s a good 3D model of a 4D phenomenon (one day I will know how to spell that word without looking it up, but not today…)
the division of possibilities happens on a different plane/frequency/dimension leaving us to only experience the singularity that has been collapsed into your experience, in YOUR time and space given the conditions that are matched by your emotions. (aka you get what you expect).

Which brings me to this ‘bounce’ that happens. The droplet will either bounce ‘here’ or ‘there’ giving it momentum (or the illusion of momentum?) if it’s consistent enough in it’s intelligent, mindful, decisions made out compassion and integrity that is inherent in the consciousness in everything.
If droplets meditate.
If they don’t then they probably won’t be coherent.

so in conclusion…life is going to cause you to bounce…just choose which direction you want to bounce in…
quantum physics application :wink:

4 Likes

My very simple view is there are not infinite possibilities but an infinite universe In now there is only this possibility and it is infinite? add the new infinities up and we have a new now. I am sure there is and hopeful to see a better explanation.

2 Likes

Hi Nuno, I think this requires some disambiguation. In both the Bohr-Heisenberg Model (the Copenhagen Interpretation) and in the de Broglie-Bohm Pilot Wave model there is a superposition defined by the wavefunction. This describes all possibilities—so it is there in both models, although in Bohmian Mechanics the entire universe may be the wavefunction.

The wavefunction describes all possible states of the quanta in question. Regarding the double slit experiment, in the Copenhagen Interpretation is not the mere existence of this wavefunction, or multiple possible states that causes the wave interference pattern. It is that the wavefunction allows for a possibility in which the quanta travels through both slits and interferes with itself, causing destructive or constructive interference. Ontologically, this has no physical meaning because how can one thing (a particle) be in two places at once. Pilot Wave Theory resolves this problem of physical interpretation by saying that in addition to the wavefunction defining all possible states there is also a literal wave phenomenon of the particle, so it goes through one or the other of the two slits, interacts with its own pilot wave, and causes constructive or destructive interference.

You see, Pilot Wave Theory, or quantum hydrodynamics is the only one of the two theories that has a physically valid and ontologically coherent explanation for what is happening in reality.

5 Likes

I knew we get a better explanation well done thank you William

2 Likes

Thank you so much @fattyfattyfatfreak @jeffree @Wiliam_RSF :hugs:

I’m diggesting your answers!
I’m gonna read over and over again. This discussion is extremely important to me.
Today I searched some Bohm’s articles about Bohmian Mechanics. I’m able to read them all to understand better.

I can share with you.
I’ve created a telegram channel to upload the pdfs:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEuLkW5cgrnbwvaaWw

Thank you so much everybody!

1 Like

I like your answer more :joy:

1 Like

All of your answers were great too just I think they are actually one step beyond the initial thing that needs to be considered—that in Pilot Wave Theory the wavefunction defining all probabilities is always there (and actually the Copenhagen Interpretation is the only model of quantum mechanics in which the wavefunction ever reduces or collapses) it is just that it is the action of the pilot wave causing an interference pattern.

Y’all were already on the multiple-worlds interpretation, which is the next step. And that gets into some interesting areas: especially the Pilot Wave theory with a Many-Worlds interpretation.

4 Likes

i’m a pinch behind.
i finished the modules but not the q and a until yesterday.
well played! lol that question made him go on a pretty awesome rant! :joy:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Holy Grail of Physics Here we find Unified Physics

1 Like

**Wiliam_RSF I like what you said about a superposition defined by the wave function". I’m no expert, I’ve only been putting a lot of pieces together, so I’d like your input. You said “allows for a possibility” Would my description below correctly account for this ‘possibility’ in your opinion?

In the Copenhagen experiment the waves become deterministic when observed. Through awareness ‘observation’, we become entangled with the Universal Standing Wave, and cause small local fluctuations of frequency in the Universal Standing Wave to loose superposition and become deterministic as a single wave function perceived as mater in spacetime.

Of course the question still remains, what is this awareness that observes, and what perceives spacetime?

@bobcampbell, what you have described is a nice way to visualize the information feedback dynamic that is occurring in shaping our holographic reality. However, in terms of a true physical explanation it is incomplete, and this is because the Copenhagen interpretation (of the Thomas Young double-slit experiment) is fundamentally untenable. It is a mathematical formalism that works, however at a conceptual level it is not describing the real physical dynamics at play.

First it is important to understand that the Copenhagen interpretation does not require “observation by a conscious observer” to reduce the wavefunction—the wavefunction will collapse as soon as a particle in a superposition interacts with the “environment”, as the environment can function as the observer or “measurement”. However, the environment and its relation to a particle is loosely defined and subjective, the universe is full of subsystems, any of which can play the role of observer. And in fact, today’s more advanced theories (Pilot Wave, Many Worlds, Absorber Theory, Transactional Int.) have no wavefunction collapse at all; as Leonard Susskind puts it “the only thing that happens is that the overall wave function evolves unitarily and becomes more and more entangled”. The universe is an immensely complicated network of entangled subsystems, and only in some approximation can we single out a particular subsystem as “the observer”.

As well, in Bohmian mechanics there are hidden nonlocal variables, which is to say that wavefunction of the universe is completely deterministic, so all “subsystems” within it are deterministic as well if you know the universal wavefunction. Again, there is no place for wavefunction collapse. The entire systems just evolves along becoming more and more entangled and ever increasing in coherence, and consciousness is present in every conceivable spacetime node—shaping that evolution via information feedback and feedf-orward interplay.

3 Likes