What is this effect called in physics?

I provided the link to an extremely short video I took.

I took a video of this because I’ve always wondered what it is. It seems as though the liquid, or perhaps just the orbeez suspended in the liquid, turns counter to the direction of the source spinning it as long as it is not centered with the source of spin. What is really happening is that the liquid, and the orbeez suspended in the liquid, are trying to stay still but from the observers relative position it seems as though it is countering the spin of, me, the spinner. I know this has everything to do with the Copenhagen interpretation and relativity… But like we say, there is an objective framework and in no way can I say the liquid and the orbeez are the source of spinning me and even the world around it, that would go against the majority of observers in the universe and the logic of conscious decisions made by a living being. That is a problem with relativity that I saw when I was studying the concepts at 16. Anyways, if anybody knows if this effect has a name and a little bit of the dynamics I would love to check that out because this is also how entangled photons/particles seem to work where they counter each other’s spin exactly and perfectly…

1 Like

This was just a little experiment I did with my son.

I wish I could see the video… but in my experience, what I have noticed is that when you are part of the whole bigger spin, something bigger… an energy or force bigger than it All creates not by default but with amazing precision. As a healer I’ve come to the conclusion that Ego ( physical matter entity) alone is a great slave but not a good leader though yet if it connects to Soul (non physical matter) it creates a vibrational pattern of high frequency that tunes or aligns every spinner, resolves coherently while it integrates the spin and raises the frequency to the highest expression possible for everything to expand… don’t know if it is related to Copenhague or Relativity but for sure to Gravity in the highest order beyond any human possible way to take control of it… Unconditional Loving :heart_eyes: but that’s just my experience with the spin… adventurous, ambitious, peaceful, wondrous… all together in ONE unique feeling.

:blush::sunflower::heart:

Thank you, but that was not at all helpful. All of that is completely unrelated to the physics question I asked. Thank you for your input, it is valued.

1 Like

Ok.Thank you for your kindness :sunflower::heart:

That’s called inertia. It’s because any object in space will keep moving in the same direction forever unless something exerts a force on it. Here the liquid is not viscous enough to actually exert a strong force on the balls so the balls almost completely stay in the same position that they were in, in the beginning. Because the fluid still exerts a tiny force on them if you keep turning eventually the tiny force exerted will get them to catch up and spin as fast as the bowl and the liquid. Once you stop turning and you remain still in relation to the room they will want to continue turning forever but the small force exerted by the bowl on the fluid and the fluid on the balls will gradually get them to sync with the bowl and the fluid again.

What I found was interesting is that in the way back the balls spun twice as fast in the opposite direction. Of course, that is because from a standing start the balls are not moving at all, but once they have more or less caught up to the spinning action, then on return, first you have to stop turning, the balls are now starting from a reverse motion, with is doubled (at first), by your turn in the opposite direction. Incidentally, when spinning the bowl, not around it’s own center, there is a bit of further outward radial force, which is probably not all that noticeable, and a bit of unconscious tipping of the bowl would make it more or less invisible. Other than inertia, and friction or drag, I don’t know of any special effect needed to explain what happens in the video. Seems to me that even if the bowl were on a turn table, which you caused to rotate, instead of your holding it out from the center of the spin, I would think the same motion of the balls in the liquid would show up as in your video. As for entangled photons or other particles, usually they are not imagined to be connected to your body, which here operates to provide, or absorb, the angular momentum as needed. Momentum, be it angular or linear, is usually studied only when the observer is not an uncalculated part of the system. Entangled spinning objects normally would still be expected to obey the law of conservation of angular momentum. So if there is zero net spin to start with, and spinning objects are created without explicitly adding or subtracting some angular momentum, then by spinning in opposite directions that is the only way for it to be possible for the total spin to remain zero. So, then they have to be the same in opposite rotations for the most fundamental of laws of physics to work out at all. That’s the way I see it. Hope my comments are useful. All the best!